Making a Change

imageWhy did you choose the topic you did for the Make a Change project? What do you think this serving opportunity will mean to you? In other words, what do you predict it will teach you?

36 thoughts on “Making a Change

1. I chose this topic of my Make a Change project because I am concerned with the being of others not as fortunate as us and would like to support them. This opportunity is a time for me to realize how grateful I should be for what I have, and it is also a time for me to follow God and put others before me and follow the Golden Rule. It will teach me how to live my life godly and to appreciate all others and help with kindness.

• I chose water conservation because we can not live without water. I believe that it will teach us all to save water.

• I chose to make a change in Animal Cruelty because I love animals and I hate seeing them get hurt. Helping animals is a awesome thing because it is being kind. I don’t like being meant animals . Animals have a special place in my heart. Helping animals is a very kind thin to do because animals have rights. They aren’t whatever you say they are. They are living being and should not be treated harshly.

2. I didn’t choose my make a change topic. This serving opportunity will mean that I will be help people less fortunate then I am.

3. I believe this will teach me that some people aren’t as fortunate as me and that there are horrible diseases in the world and people that are hurt and can’t live there life always going to the hospital

4. I chose cemetery because I would love to make people’s graves better, also for the libraries I chose it because we can make our library better by making people’s learning better. It will mean that as a team we can fix the way kids are learning and having respect toward the ones who died. It will teach me to work well with others and to take care of things that aren’t right.

5. I choose pollution for my topic because there are so many people who pollute and so much pollution around the world, and it needs to be solved. I think that this project will help me and everyone else who is doing pollution for their project treat the earth better and with more respect.

6. I chose this topic because I wanted to help or clean up the library or cemetery to make a change in our community. I predict that it will teach how to help others when they need help and learn how to be a good citizen.

7. I believe that this project will help us want to make a change more and the people around us at school, our family’s and our community so that we can stop horrible stuff like garbage and recycle from getting on the streets in our community.

8. I chose my topic because my uncle is a veteran and he has major health problems and he feels forgotten. I think this serving opportunity will help me remember what they did they sacrificed themselves and if I had that opportunity I would do that for my country like them. I predict that veterans will help me with understanding sacrifice. All those veterans sacrificed them selves knowing that they might die and leaving their families must of been hard and I know that they are great leaders and I respect and honor all the veterans in America.

9. I choose this topic because I would love make a change in helping the homeless and hunger also to give them food,blankets,shelters and more.This will teach me that there is people out there that need help and need shelter and need a job and some people are taking that for granted. “Homeless people do matter”!

10. I chose park, school, and neighborhood improvement because I love parks and it is discussing when I want to play on the park structure thingy and it smells like barf! I want to change that. This serving opportunity will help me not barf when I smell the barf. I think it will teach me that it is important to not barf in playgrounds. 😖

11. I chose health concerns by accident. If I had chosen it on purpose, I would have chosen it because there was an autistic program at my old school. I think it will teach me not to take health for granted.

12. I choose health concerns as my topic for make a change because many people may have health concerns and need support.I think that this serving opertunity will mean to me that I have made a difference in my community and I have helped others who really need it. This will teach me that making a change really is important.

13. I chose this area of change because I think that it’s not healthy for the people in Haiti. I also think so because they’re hungry and they don’t have clean water to drink. I think it will teach me not to waste food or water because there are other nations that don’t have food and clean water.

14. I chose this topic for the make a change project because I feel that the enviroment needs some extra help. With my team, we can save on the amount of plastic that consumers use. We are very concerned about the future if people keep using this much plastic. This topic will show me that with just time and patience everyone can make a difference in this world. Either big or small, anyone can do something to help this community and enviroment. By serving this topic, I feel that we can be heard throughout and we will reduce the amount of plastic that people use today.

15. I chose my topic because I love and care for animals so so much. It makes me really sad when I see them on the streets or abused. I think this topic will teach me to care and act more on this topic and to try and stop this cruelty.

16. I chose animal adoption and cruelty because there is a lot of people that don’t treat animals right and or can’t treat it by his or herself. I know that I can make a difference just by helping at an animal shelter. It would be great for me to actually think I did something helpful for my community,

17. I chose environmental protection because I thought it would be helpful to help the environment. I think I will learn to take better care of the environment.

18. I chose the Make A Change project topic because I love animals. I want to help homeless animals get a nice home with loving owners. I think this will help me get closer with the environment and the people in it. I can’t wait to help animals and people!

19. I chose health concerns because I want to help the people who can’t help themselves. I think it will teach me to be thankful that nobody I know has cancer. It I will give a taste of what life is like.

20. I hope that the make a Chang project will help me and others to remember the people that save us like veterans and Jesus.

21. I chose Health concerns because they’re so many diseases in the world that are hurting so many people. Some diseases are cancer, Lukiemia, and breast cancer. I did this subject because I want raise awareness and I want to help find a cure by donating money to research facilities trying to find a cure. I think it will teach me to think of others and to help and care for others. And it will teach me more about how serious these diseases are.

22. I chose to help the homeless and the hungry because I want to help them to be happy and feel special.This will teach me to care more and notice things.

23. The reason I chose Haiti is because I want to help the less fortunate because I am more fortunate and I am thankful for that. I think I will learn about really how fortunate I am to live in America.

24. I chose this topic because my brother has autism and I wanted to help people with autism, but my team chose cancer so I went with cancer. That’s ok I like to help people with their needs. This severing opportunity will mean a lot to me because I like helping people with health concerns. This opportunity will teach me to care and support for people with health concerns.

25. I chose the cemetery because no one ever cares for it and they just let it be. By doing that, no wants to clean it even more becaus they think it’s scary. If we can clean it up, decorate it, and make it look nice, it will seem more inviting and less scary. I want to be able to at least decorate the front graves so that the community will appreciate it because it is not a low quality cemetery.

26. I chose the cemetery because no one ever cares for it and they just let it be. By doing that, no wants to clean it even more becaus they think it’s scary. If we can clean it up, decorate it, and make it look nice, it will seem more inviting and less scary. I want to be able to at least decorate the front graves so that the community will appreciate it because it is not a low quality cemetery. Thank you!
    Next time,
    Alyssa Burdick

27. I chose the homeless and hungry people because I believe they should be treated tantamount with those who have shelter and hunger.

28. I chose homeless and hunger, because I believe they are tantamount to the people with homes. Also, I believe people can make a change to rid the homelessness forever.

29. I choose animal adoption because I love animals and I can’t bear to see them without a home. I think it will help me to interact better with other people. I think it will also be fun to help out and care for the lost, sick, and homeless animals.

30. I chose animal adoption because I love animals and I can’t bear to see them without a home. I think it will help me to interact better with other people. I think it will also be fun to help out and care for the lost, sick, and homeless animals.